Manga/ Last Order


I enjoyed battle angel alita “last order” much more than I thought. I have previously had very little experience with manga. While I have read books on making them and various techniques employed, I have never really sat down and read many of the books. I really liked how it opened with the very detailed and shaded panels, it felt very impactful and got me excited to enter the authors world more deeply. Over all that art work had a lot more appeal and character to it than I was expecting. One thing that I found especially interesting was the science jargon displayed throughout the story. It was treated as through it was really profound, complicated stuff, yet all of it seemed to be fairly elementary in actuality. This made it surprisingly easy to follow what was going on. Something that stuck out to me was how well the artist handles the human figure. The drawings make it very evident of the skill and study that was put in to the artist’s development. The story itself was intriguing, I liked how it bounced from past to present, keeping tension on both sides. Seeing the layout of the panels, pacing, and way the text played into the story in the manga format really helped me to see its connection and influence on anime and just how closely it follows.  This is especially true of the pacing, and how the story will feel like its almost paused as something is explained. Between that and high paced action sequences there is very little variation in the story telling. I think that this is probably one of the biggest differences between this and western storytelling, which seems to consist majorly of that in-between area of pacing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interpretations of une semaine de bonte by Max Ernst (in class)

Comic Strip/ Little Nemo, Calvin and Hobbs, Peanuts