Asterios Polyp


Think this was may favorite week of the semester. I absolutely loved Asterios Polyp, so much that I plan on getting my own copy. It was like noting I had ever seen before, it felt so fresh and new! The color scheme was genius and the choice of purple instead of black lines was a genius move in my opinion. It was such a small change that made an amazing difference in the tone of the story. The colors he used seemed to have a calming effect on me while I read that I really enjoyed. I also really appreciated how that artistic style would change depending on which character it was, and how they would merge and separate in correlation to what was happening in the story. This was extremely effective in visually describing the relationship. I love the content of the story and how much it made me think while reading it. There were so many phrases that felt like leaping off points for deeper though, I found myself pausing a lot to ponder them. I felt a lot of connection to the characters, each with such a unique personality.  I especially found a lot of similarities with Hana; her alone time as a child, good grades, artistic pathway. I will admit that the ending really through me, and I’m not sure that I really even understand it still. I was surprised though as the reaction the author was able to pull from me. Very few things I have read were able to be me react so strongly. Seeing the asteroid in that panel actually made me angry to the point of tears. It caused me to fly over to google looking for an explanation, but I still have not found one good enough for me to settle on.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interpretations of une semaine de bonte by Max Ernst (in class)

Underground Comics/ Tits and Clits, Mr. Natural